Best Rated Home Generators 2020
When the Power Is Down … Don’t Fret…Power Up With One of these Best Rated Generators
1). DuroMax XP10000E Gas Powered Portable Generator – 10000 Watt
- Powerful 18 HP Engine is able to accept high wattage loads with ease.
- This Generator has endless uses; from Home Standby Power, Jobsites to a Weekend with the RV.
- Equipped with Low Oil Protection, AC and DC Regulators, and a Spark Arrestor, Your unit will remain safe and in top operating condition.
- As simple as turning on your car – if the battery is discharged simply use the 1-pull recoil cord to start the generator.
- This unit was designed to allow anyone to start and operate. All models are available with Electric and Recoil Start.
- Our Friendly Technicians know these units inside and out. Have a Technical Question? Give them a call and they will be glad to help you out.
- When the idle control is switched on it automatically lowers the RPM’s to an idle when no power is being used. When power is used it automatically raises the RPM to respond to the load and then lowers it again when the load is removed. This feature dramatically saves fuel and reduces noise when engaged.
- Allows the user to get maximum power from each of the 120 Volt Receptacle. It also allows the user to choose between operating the Generator at both 120V and 240V simultaneously, or at 120 only with full power. It is recommended that the Voltage Selector switch always be in the 120V position unless 240V is required.
- Heavy duty frame with four point fully isolated motor mounts for smooth quiet operation.
- Full power panel with oil warning light, volt meter, circuit breaker and power outlets.
- Run-Time [ @ 50% Maximum Output ]: 10.0 hrs.
- Low oil shut-off protects the engine.
- Quiet Muffler reduces engine noise.
- Full EPA and CARB Compliance allows for operation in all 50 States.
2). Westinghouse WGen7500DF Dual Fuel Generator
The Westinghouse WGen7500DF Dual Fuel Portable Generator is a powerful solution to staying prepared for emergency events. It produces up to 9,500 peak watts and 7,500 running watts, running for up to 16 hours on 6.6 Gal. (25 L) gasoline fuel tank.
Forged with a cast iron sleeve, the WGen7500 has a 420cc 4-Stroke OHV Westinghouse Engine constructed for durability.
It’s equipped with a built-in fuel gauge, automatic low oil shutdown, and GFCI household outlets for added protection.The WGen7500DF features Push-Button Electric Start which conveniently pairs with a wireless remote key fob for effortless ignition, and as a dual fuel generator, the WGen7500DF operates on gasoline or propane (LPG) for versatility.
The L14-30R outlet is Transfer Switch Ready, connecting straight to your home for total household power and eliminating the hassle for annoying extension cords or power strips.
3). Champion 3800-Watt Dual Fuel Portable Generator
The Champion Power Equipment 76533 3800-Watt Dual Fuel RV Ready Portable Generator is the perfect combination of versatility and convenience. Whether you need power for your home or RV, Champion Power Equipment makes powering your life more convenient than ever.
With enough power to start and run a 15,000 BTU RV air conditioner, this unit can also power the essential items you need in a power outage.
Operate your 3800-watt portable generator right out of the box on either gasoline or propane, plus the unit holds 0.6-quarts of oil (included) and has a low oil shut-off sensor
Power up the 224cc Champion engine with the handy toggle switch, battery included
Keep track of voltage, hertz and run-time hours to easily monitor power output and track maintenance intervals
One 120V 30A RV outlet (TT-30R), one 120V 30A locking outlet (L5-30R) and two 120V 20A household outlets (5-20R) – trust Volt Guard™ built-in surge protector to prevent overloads
Generators are sold by power output, measured in watts. The amount of power each delivers determines how many lights and appliances you can run at once; the quality and consistency of that power determines how well they’ll run. A good estimate in a standard 2 bedroom home runs on about 5,000 watts.
Make a list of what you don’t want to go without while the power’s down,
Add up the watts of each appliance/outlet to get you in the right ballpark for the generator of your needs.
Here are some rough numbers for common essentials:
- Microwave: 600 to 1,200 watts
- Refrigerator: 700 to 1,200 watts
- Freezer: 500 to 1,200 watts
- Washing machine: 1,200 watts
- 1/3-hp sump pump: 800 watts
- Television: 300 watts
- Laptop computer: 250 watts
- 10,000-Btu air conditioner: 1,500 watts
Running Power vs. Surge Power
Generators mention two levels of power; the running power and surge power. Both are measured in watts.
Running power is also called the rated watts. This is the capacity of the generator over a continuous amount of time.
Surge power is also called starting power or starting watts. Electrical devices and appliances consume more power when they are turning on. To accommodate this increased need of power, generators also have a surge power. However, this can only be held for a few seconds.
- Generators and Portable Power, Patio, Lawn and Garden, Solar, Solar and Wind Power, Solar Panels
- 20-Watt Solar Attic Fan (Black) with Thermostat / Humidistat (22 x 22 x 11 IN) – Brushless Motor – Hail and Weather Resistant Solar Vent Fan – Solar Powered Attic Fan for Homes – by Remington Solar
- $ 289.00
- Order Now
- Generators and Portable Power, Patio, Lawn and Garden, Solar and Wind Power, Solar Battery Chargers and Charging Kits
- Solar Charger, 10000mAh Solar Power Bank, Qi Wireless Charger, Portable Charger for iPhone, External Battery Pack, Dual Flashlight, Compass, Solar Panel Charging for Outdoor Camping by LEO WAY, Green
- $ 26.95
- Order Now
Choosing a Backup Generator Plus 3 LEGAL House Connection Options - Transfer Switch and More
Want to choose a backup generator wisely and connect it to your house legally? You've got to make a connection the right way to keep line workers safe and to ...