Your forehead could be agelessly smooth with Botox, your wrinkles almost nonexistent from a facelift, but if your smile is dull, dingy and misshapen, you might not only look your age – you could look older. Ironically, improving your smile can now be the least invasive cosmetic procedure.
Recent cosmetic dentistry breakthroughs, like new Lumineers by Cerinate, are all gain and no pain – drastically different from traditional veneers, which require grinding and shaving down teeth for application.
Made from patented Cerinate porcelain, Lumineers are contact lens thin, translucent “smile shapers” that are applied to original teeth without any removal of sensitive tooth structure. Consequently, there is no need for shots or anesthesia, which means no pain. In just two short visits,your smile will look more beautiful and, more importantly, years younger -lasting up to 20 years.
So, how else can you maintain a young appearance without going under the knife?
- Smile more. Confidence is sexy and sexy is youthful. Once you have the gorgeous smile you’ve always wanted, put it to good use and you’ll get more attention than you did 10 years ago.
- Minimize your makeup. You might think that heavy foundation will cover your wrinkles, but it does just the opposite. Caking it on causes the makeup to settle into wrinkles and exaggerate them. The same is true for eye shadow. A smart rule of thumb: less is more.
- Save yourself from the sun. Those UV rays are our enemy when it comes to aging. Always use a moisturizer with SPF 15 or above. Look for skin creams containing antioxidants like vitamin C and E for increased protection.
- Sleep. They don’t call it “beauty sleep” for nothing. If you don’t get enough sleep (about seven hours every night), your metabolism and hormone production can be hindered, inviting the early effects of age.
- Improve your posture. Taking calcium will help prevent osteoporosis, but a slumping stoop will age you immediately. Strengthen your core – those abdominal muscles – for a straighter back and taller body. Pilates is a perfect way to improve your posture, giving you a longer, leaner look.
- Evaluate your wardrobe. Dressing younger doesn’t have to mean super low-rise jeans and belly shirts. A casual, yet tailored look will keep you from appearing fussy and out-of-style. A great T-shirt with well-fitting pants and great accessories creates a comfortable, yet hip everyday “uniform.”